Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Lewallens

Uncle Joe Wenrich, Aunt Ella (Uncle Jim's wife), Uncle Jim Lewallen - 79 years old, and Uncle John Lewallen. Taken July 1966. Carol shared this story: "I have to tell the story about the family get together and it would be at Uncle Jim's and Aunt Ellen's place. Aunt Ellen would cook up this big meal of fried chicken, mashed potatoes and fresh green beans and of course there was so kind of pie or two. Uncle jim would get out the banjo, grandpa (John W. Lewallen) had his guitar, my grandma (Eva Jean) lewallen and my dad (John E. Lewallen) had there fiddle. They would play for hours and I would watch Uncle Jim and he would go to sleep and just play right along with them. I told my dad that Uncle Jim was asleep and he said it's OK, because he'll keep playing what ever song we play."


Josephine Lewallen (John Lewallen's daughter), Duane Lewallen (Charles Haywood Lewallen's son), Ella, Jim, John, and Joe
.
Duane, John and "Jose" (Josephine) in Wieser, Idaho.

No comments: