Thursday, August 14, 2008

another letter to my grandmother from Joe Wenrich

. . . Sure glad to hear from you. We have thought of you often. . . You ask about cousins. I'll do the best I can. But you know I have been away from them. I just have to stop and think. And of course that is also a task for me, But here goes. Uncle John just had one boy, Johnny (1st) his children (2nd cousins), Gary, Gail, Carol.
Uncle Jim his first wife, Kitty, (had three daughters) Maud, Agnes, Blanch. (By) 2nd wife, Ellen, children Pattsy, Billy, Jimmy, Florence, Ester.
Uncle Kelly (had) two children, Sharron, David
Aunt Lois 1 child Inez. Inez (had) one girl Luanna.
Uncle Joe (had) two boys Otis and Orric.
Otis's children (are) Grayson, Audrey, Robin, and Mary Joe (sic)
Orric has no children of his own and of course Buck you know. I know very little about any of them except you and Greta.
I am ashamed of myself for not knowing more about our family. But all I ever knew is what Jim, John, and Buck and Kelly told me. But really they all knew very little about our family as they were brought out to this country in 1899 and they were all pretty young at the time. But I learned quite a lot, the 2 years that John and I went back to Tennessee. Jim went with us one year. But most of our people were dead many years.
Honey, my arm is just about worn out so I will close. Hope you have not much trouble reading this.
Love from both of us to all of you.
Uncle Joe and Effie
J.A. Wenrich
Hillsboro OR

No comments: