Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Letter from Helen Harbaugh to Nellaray Holt

April 15, 1982
Ashland, OR.
. . .In sifting through the information I have collected, I discovered that Walter D. Lewallen was my great grandfather. He and his wife, Anna Brown had the following children: Nancy M., Mary A., Samuel Anderson (my grandfather), William J., Joseph B, Levi Wayne (Absalom), Sintha J.R., James D., and Absolum (Frank).
My grandfather married Anna C. Young and they had the following children: Walter O., Andrew J., Sarah C., Mertie F., Gertie M., Wayne W. (my father), Josie E., and Reanuso T.
My father married Loma D. Phillips and they has the following children: Mabel, Grace, Helen (me), William, and Ruth.
My father passed away July 3, 1967 and my mother is still living.
Other info that may interest your friends concern William Jasper Lewallen and his wife Melinda Young. This couple had the following children:
James Howard
John William
Tarizana
Charles Haywood
Mary Lois - adopted by a Jones family
Thomas Albert - adopted by an aunt, Mrs Kelly
Raymond Comodore - adopted by Mr. and Mrs Alfred Wenrich. His name was changed to Joseph Albert Wenrich. He furnished me the information concerning William Jasper Lewallen. Joe and his wife Effie live in Hillsboro, OR. My sister, Ruth and I visited them last summer. . .

3 comments:

Dave Kelly said...

Hello Kent and Terrilyn. My father was Thomas (Al) Kelly. His father was William Jasper Llewellyn. I am trying to find out who Walter Davis Llewellyn is as I think he is William's father. If you could help out that would be great. Thanks. Dave Kelly

Kent and TerriLyn said...

Dave, I'm glad you found my site. I posted tonight the census record my father copied some time ago that shows Walter Davis Lewallen, his wife and children (including William Jasper). This and the letter in the posting to which you commented are the only proofs I have at hand of the relation of William Jasper and Walter Davis. I have some questions to ask of you, too, if you will contact me at the4youngs@hotmail.com. Thank you.

Rick Combs said...

Andrew J is actually Joseph Grant Lewallen according to his WWI draft registry and Find a grave website. Looks like its been 7 years since anybody has been on here. I am of no relation, I had a great aunt marry Walter Lewallen son of Sarah Catherine and who knows the father, don't know who her other son Opal lee's father is either other than Lee is listed as a "Fawbush" (Forbush on census is misspelling) on the 1910 Census. I did find a "Reason" Fawbush that fit the bill, but I can't tie them together. The name Reanuso always bothered me, I believe it is actually "Reason", I have seen the name Reason used in the Lewallen line. But that's just a theory too. If anyone know anything about who some of the girls such as Myrtie, Gurtie, & Chloe married, I would like to know. I can't find anything on them. Thanks!