Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Al to Haywood



Castle Rock, WA
May 8, 1921
Dear Brother:
I received all of your letters Monday, as you know where I was Sat. and Sun. I am Sorry to learn that you are disatisfied up there, I guess one does get some lonesome alright. I get that way down here on the ranch. What seems to be the matter with those hoosiers up there, that you cant pick up no aquaintences. I am baking a mince pie today. You can imagine how it will taste.
Well Haywood, I dont know as yet what I will do but, we should worry it will all come out all right. I guess Dug will sell out down here, and that will let me out I suppose. I guess I will have to go to work like the rest of the slaves.
I went home Sunday and say Haywood I took the little girl from down here up to portland with me. Say boy she is a real kid, the reason I say this is because I left Castle R. at 7:30 am and got in Port. 5 pm. I only had 5 blow outs and she was right there to help me every time. You ought to come down here and grab her off. But my old girl suits me well enough. I told Stella to be sure and write you; but I told her your adress wrong I said 14 Terrace St. Corvallis Ore. You see I didn't say Park. Terrace. So I suppose you wont get it if she does write.
Yes Dug has gotten over his drunk and is feeling hisself once more. I brought him down on the O.W. Passinger with me and he sure thought it all right. Hhe was just like a kid with his first long pants.
Well Kid I may be up there any time to see you so dont be surprised and we'll talk over this homestead business. you know we are both young as yet.
Well Haywood I will choke off for now, as I have got to write to the only girl. So by by.
As ever your Brother Al.
Dug said Hello. Awfully poor hand to write etc.

No comments: