Thursday, July 16, 2009

Susie to Haywood




Post marked Castle Rock, WA, 1921
Addressed to "Mr. Charles H. Lewallen, Box 1148 Portland, Ore.
Castle Rock,
Friday
Dear Haywood,
Seems as though I haven't heard from you for a month. I will try writing again. Excuse this pen as I have to write with one point.
Did not go to school today. "felt rotten"
Dad is out cutting wood today. Ma's at the bar and I am alone with the kids. They about run me wild after being away from noise for three weeks. I'd could just pull them to pieces it seems.
Dad has been as cross as an old bear lately. He hit ma on the head the other day. She slapped him right back. Then he kicked her. He's sore now and won't speek. I've been making it pretty good though. Am going over to Mrs. Otts to stay again Mon. I think. If Guy (her brother) goes to work. I sure seems funny to get up at 5:30 or 6 here when at eight over town -- You know I don't like sleep. I am always sleepy sence I am home.
Doug hasn't been down for a couple of days. I think he is staying with old fat that lives under the bridge. I know who that Bill is that was up at Doug when Marg and went up after the buggy. He lives with old fat. I saw him there. He was the fellow that went and left Doug alone when he was sick.
Where is Al working? [in pencil] Just can't stand that pen another minute. Doug said he was going to have Albert come down and help him cut wood.
Well, must ring off.
Love, Susie

No comments: