Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Lois on the death of Kittie and Wm. Jasper





Honolulu, Hawaii
Feb - 14th - 1920
My Dear Brothers One and All :-
Your dear letter arrived today, and was overjoyed to receive it. I am glad you are all well, and getting along so nicely, which ranch are you on Jim's or John's, or has Jim given up his ranch?
Gee, Haywood I wish you would save your money and come back with me, that would be just "bully". You could work with Eddie, he has a business of his own, auto repair shop. you could work with him and learn the trade, you should be able to get along just fine to-gether, dont you think? Think it over Haywood, and weigh things out for yourself.
Honolulu is a beautiful place, and I am sure you would like it here, fine, it is always warm, never too cold or too hot, as it is in Weiser.
Eddie wishes to be remembered to you all, and sends regards. to one and all of you. I asked you, or Jim rather to let me have Agnes, I am waiting pationly [patiently?] for the answer, so I will know what to do, and prepare for, when I come over, then I could, bring her back with me, it would be much better for me to have her than a step-mother, for step-mothers are no good, sometimes. Yes poor "Kitty" my heart aches to think the mother of those three babies has gone from us for-ever. but we must sumit to higher power. Yes I received the letter mentioned but it is like a chinese puzzle to know just which one of you wrote it. so I wrote to the whole bunch, the letter belongs to you all, so dont fight over it, now will you?
I received a letter from Carry, and she broke the news of Kitty's and Daddie's death.
Carry is the dearest girl in the world, out side of my own little girl, but Carry, is the best friend I have ever had or ever will have I guess. I owe her an awful lot of credit believe me. I think I will be home in six months any way, but dont plan too much, we never know what is in store for us, these days.
The "flu" has broke out here quite bad, there has been several deaths from it, since Jan., first. We have been very lucky so far, we had the flu on board the boat coming from Australia, 60 odd cases, and we were in quarentine 18 days at Auckland New Zealand, but we had the time of our lives there. Oysters, Oh Baby, I don't like them myself, but Eddie, he ate that many, he almost looked like one, we
There are many things I can tell you when I see you, about our trip, it made it all the more interesting by having to stay in New Zealand so long, and then the costums at Fiji, and Pago Pago, Samoa. But I will wait it would take a long time to write it, so we can talk a long time when we meet again.
So Brothers dear I will ring off, and I hope you will ans., real soon, and not put it off for another year. With our best wishes, for a Happy New Year. (it is rather late to do that) but never the less we do. We remain as ever.
Your Brother & Sister Lois & Eddie.
With tons and tons of love and kisses to all of you. dont forget to kiss the babies for me.
Lois.

No comments: