Thursday, July 16, 2009

Susie to Haywood


Burg.
Dearest Haywood
I suppose you were thinking I never was going to write you But we have been awfully busy the last week. The men are all out at camps. And there's is quite a bit to be done.
I have had an awfully sore throat the last four days but is all right now.
Mrs Ott went up to the depot to meet some company from Tacoma and Centralia and I must not write long.
I sent away for me a coat and hat[.] coat $22.98 and hat $6.00. When I get my pay here I have to get me a pair of arch supporters. For my feet just ache when I am on them all day. I should have had them two yrs ago when I worked in the in the hotel, but Dad said it was all nonsence.
Well Doug is out on his farm and haven't seen him sence Thanksgiving
But I heard from Margaret that the Hinkle kids found his ___. If it is the truth, he is a great deal smarter than Dunbar if he is a knot head.
What was this you were going to tell me when I got over my mad spell? (I'm over.) Any way I wasn't mad. Just awfully, awfully busy.
Well must close for this time. Write real soon and I will try and write sooner.
With Love and Kisses
Sue

No comments: