Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Lois to Haywood



My Dearest Brother:
A letter from John arrived the other day, but none from you Haywood, for over a year, so I want to hear from you again direct. I received your photo in uniform, and still have it. I think an awful lot of it too.
Do you ever think of coming to Hawaii, it is an ideal place, and I would be tickled stiff to have a brother here with me.
It grieves me very much to think dear old Dad has left up for ever, I think back of the times when we were in Portland you Daddie and I. Although you used to sensure me, but I persume I needed it. Well all that has passed so why worry over it; isn't that right:
What has Jim done with his ranch, has he still got it, or has he rented it. It seems to me he should make a good deal of money on the ranch, by raising chickens with eggs as high as they are he ought to make pretty good; or pigs or even cattle, there are plenty ways to make good money on a ranch, if one goes at it in the right way.
Haywood I must ring off and am in the hopes of hearing from you real soon, I may be home some time this summer, and you can bank on it I will see you all, when I come. I persume John has explained how, I tried to see you before you went to France.
Well byby for now, kiss the children for me, and lots of love to you all.
Eddie wishes to be remembered to you all.
Tons of love,
Your Ever loving Sister
Lois

No comments: