Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Postmarked 28 Nov 1921







Burg
Dearest Haywood
Margaret just brought me your letter also a announcement from an old girl friend. Was sure suprised.
Why didn't you come down. Thanksgivin just the same you know I could and would live without the watch.
Gee but every thing is so quite and seems so lone-some here. No kids around etc.
Mrs Ott is up town and I have to keep the fries up and keep one car ready for Grand-ma.
We washed this morn. and I hurt me foot [illegible] hip some way or other and has left me a cripple. sprained it I guess.
I went to the show last night. The first time for a month. It sure was good. The name was "Chickens"
Well Chuck the jew, I told you about that Eva wanted me to chase with so bad when she was here was up to-day. Saw him up town this morning. He thought of course I was going over home and went across the bridge. thought he could catch me on the other side. Sure fooled him him a good one this time (Not?)
Well it is raining again, makes things 10 times more lonesome.
Marg said Doug was still over home but was thinking of going back to Portland to the hospital. She said he had an awful cold. Guess he caught in Thurs out in all that rain fishing.
The game with Portland James John High was 0 to 0. Not so bad Eh', but wasnt a very good day to play I don't think, The field was so slippery the kids could not hold footing so very well. I did not go over to see it.
With Love
Sue
Excuse the sudden ending but I have company so
Bye, Bye

1 comment:

TerriLyn said...
This comment has been removed by the author.